Corrie Schrijver: Violin and Bow - Maker & Restorer
Corrie Schrijver graduated from the Welsh School of Violin Making, with Merit in 1980. Since then she has worked at various workshops, notably spending 17 years in the Glasgow area, making and restoring for professional players and also maintaining part of the RSAMD collection of instruments and bows. In 2000 she founded "Bath Violins", which was situated in Widcombe High Street in Bath. In 2012 she left her shop in Bath to join her engineering husband Frank in Brampton near Carlisle, previously home to the violin maker William Forster. Here she can offer the following services to professional and serious string players:
Instruments made to suit your requirements
Modern and baroque bows, handmade to order
- Making new instruments and bows to commission, both in modern and Baroque style.
- Comprehensive repair and maintenance service for bowed stringed instruments and bows.
- This includes re-hairs, major accident repairs and help with insurance claims.
- Improving tonal qualities and set up.
- A number of older instruments and bows for sale.
- Insurance valuations and appraisals.
- Violin Making Tuition. Either privately or in her adult education classes at Brampton Community Centre.
Latest diary updates
Cumbria Life Magazine.: An Article about my Violin making and violin making classes.
Viola progress: I am currently making two Violas. One 16" Viola after Antonius Stradivarius, the other one a 15 3/4" broad bodied Viola after Gasparo da Salo.................